Right now I'm figuring out my life-where I'm going & what I'm doing. Its exciting and scary at the same time. I don't know where I'll be in 5 years, but as of right now I'm here & I love where I am. I love classic old movies, dresses, pearls, high heels, reading, being with the people i love, the way books smell, moments that should last forever, the sound high heels make on hard floors, babies, libraries, sweet romantic kisses, old hollywood glamour, anything vintage, song lyrics that describe my life, rain storms & dark chocolate. I'm a huge dork. But life is fun that way. I love life. Sometimes I wish I had the feistiness of Scarlett from Gone With the Wind, the fashion sense of Coco Chanel, & that I was a dead ringer for Audrey Hepburn. I've learned alot about who I am & I have learned to love who I am. So even though I'm always and forever late, daydream a little too much, talk way before I think, spend just a bit too much money, & sleep in longer than is necessary, I love who I am & I'm not afraid to be myself. I love life-the surprises & adventures it brings. I enjoy every second of every day. I may not have any clue as to where I'm going, but I absolutely love the ride!

Music I Like


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wouldn't You Like To Know...

Today I realized I am an old, old woman on the inside. I absolutely adore the music of Dean Martin & Frank Sinatra. Not to mention Bing Crosby, Billie Holiday, and Ella Fitzgerald. I'm madly in love with Cary Grant, Gregory Peck, and Clark Gable. I would die to be Audrey Hepburn, Vivien Leigh, or Sophia Loren. I love classic fashion that never goes out of style, always have pearls on, I love old Hollywood glamorous style, prefer skirts over pants, love reading, antiques, and handsome older men. I want to travel the world just to see art museums and historical sites. Libraries are like Disneyland to me. I think young kids these days are rude and arrogant. I can't use modern technology. I love to craft and always pick classic old movies when I need a movie day. I don't know when 24 was the new 84, but I think I was born 50 years too late.

Sometimes I pretend my life is a sitcom TV show. It helps bad days seem funny, and funny moments seem even funnier.

I am still waiting for my big break to become famous.

When I listen to music, I look for songs that could be the soundtrack to my life, and at what moments and situations in my life they would start to play.

I have realized that I have lost my patience with people. Most people are rude, selfish, annoying, and very very dumb.

Sometimes people are really sweet though.

I have a lot of secrets that I wish I could tell.

If only you knew what I am REALLY thinking about you...you'd be surprised...

Sometimes I look for things to do not to fall asleep, because I know he's waiting in my dreams...

I really like when music lyrics explain exactly what you were thinking. Its refreshing to know someone felt the same way you do. 

People should just get over themselves already.

Sometimes when I see a cute guy with a girl I wonder why in the world he's with her, and think that if he knew me, he'd like me so much better and ditch her in a second.

I still like to look at the Barbies in toy stores. And pick out the ones I would buy if I were 6.

Sometimes I get tired of hearing myself speak. I hate those moments where immediatley after you've said something you think "what the heck am I saying this for?" ugh what a horrid feeling. 

I'm not thinking about tomorrow.  I'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. I like not worrying about the future. Come what may and love it. Why worry about things you can't change or can't control..se le vie...

I still wish I could stop time, and make those amazing moments that should last forever and ever, really last that long, and so that I could go back to them anytime I wanted.

I lie.

When I am at the gym running on the treadmill, or running outside, I think to myself that I am either a bad guy running away from the cops or the good guy running after the bad guys and it motivates me to keep running hard. I also listen to angry music, which helps me run faster than dance music.

I want to be a CIA spy, an Xmen mutant with amazing powers, and invent something that will make me billions. My XMen powers would be: fly, be invisible, read minds, transform, and seduce men.

I wish memories were something you could go back and watch, like old home videos. So that when you missed a certain memory, you could go watch it again and again, so that for that small moment, it was real again.

One time, I ran over a mouse on accident driving home from work late at night and I felt really bad about it. I even stopped the car to see if it was ok. It was squished on the road. I still feel really bad.

I stay up late becuase its nice to have time to myself and to  know I won't get bothered because everyone else is sleeping.

I think that its good to do things that make you nervous and scared. Pretty soon they don't make you nervous or scared anymore, and you're a braver and tougher person, and can conquer pretty much everything.

If you want to do something, just do it. Or else you're going to regret it your whole life. You want to look back on this time when you're 101 and think of all the cool things you did, not all the cool things you could have almost done. Everything makes a good story later.

If you love someone, tell them. Or else you'll wish you would have and you'll want to really bad when its too late. Tell your parents, siblings, grandparents, relatives, friends, people that matter the most to you. Tell the person who doesn't know you're in love with them, so that they know there is someone thinking of them everyday.

I think you should take risks. Because life is boring if you don't. That risk will keep bothering you until you finally take it.

If you want to eat junk food, just eat it.

Don't wait to be happy. Be happy right in this moment, right now. Don't let other people control your happiness, or else you will never be happy. You decide to be the happiest you can be, no matter your situation. Do everything you can to make sure you're the happiest you can be. Even if its quitting a job, finding another, moving,  changing your hairstyle, or eating 2 ice cream sandwiches.

Don't try too hard to please others. Just make sure you are pleased with yourself.

If the world has to end, I hope it does with zombies, but only when I'm 115.

Don't let people walk all over you. Stand up for yourself. Be nice to others.

Tip 20%.

I talk in movies and laugh at cheesy parts.

I can't do a somersault. But I can do a cartwheel. 

When life gives you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's unreasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.

I want to stay this age forever. I don't want to get old. Ever. I don't want the people I love to get old either. I want us all to just stay like this and I want life to go on and on and on. I love my life. But...I like getting older. I love having experiences that shape who I am and change my life. I love that I've experienced heartache, anger, dissapointment, great friends, bad friends, have over come challenges, enjoyed happiness, love and laughter. I love the things I've had happen to me. I don't want to get older, but the older the get, I realize just how much I love who I've become.

Here are some pictures of clothes, fashion, makeup, places, things & stuff I think are pretty:






















thanks http://citified.blogspot.com/ for most of these lovely pictures.

4 comments:

Dee said...

As for looking a t Barbie and thinking which I would buy if I were 6 sometimes, I buy one just to have one now.

Ashley said...

Sarah,
You are so special! I am so glad that I know you. You are amazing and I love reading about your adventures! :)

liz said...

Love your writing and optimism.

Jim and Diane Jaspersen said...

I love this post! I love the pics! You are one special woman and someone will be sooooo lucky to have you!