Right now I'm figuring out my life-where I'm going & what I'm doing. Its exciting and scary at the same time. I don't know where I'll be in 5 years, but as of right now I'm here & I love where I am. I love classic old movies, dresses, pearls, high heels, reading, being with the people i love, the way books smell, moments that should last forever, the sound high heels make on hard floors, babies, libraries, sweet romantic kisses, old hollywood glamour, anything vintage, song lyrics that describe my life, rain storms & dark chocolate. I'm a huge dork. But life is fun that way. I love life. Sometimes I wish I had the feistiness of Scarlett from Gone With the Wind, the fashion sense of Coco Chanel, & that I was a dead ringer for Audrey Hepburn. I've learned alot about who I am & I have learned to love who I am. So even though I'm always and forever late, daydream a little too much, talk way before I think, spend just a bit too much money, & sleep in longer than is necessary, I love who I am & I'm not afraid to be myself. I love life-the surprises & adventures it brings. I enjoy every second of every day. I may not have any clue as to where I'm going, but I absolutely love the ride!

Music I Like


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Live a little...

You know, its ok to listen to the same song on repeat, everyday, for as long as you want. Especially if its "your jam".

Money shouldn't control who you are. If money is holding you back, don't let it. Money isn't going to last. Experiences and memories will. Don't let money interfere with having a wonderful, happy, fullfilled life.

Life is flashing before your eyes. What are you doing with it?

Enjoy every second. Don't waste your life, wishing for better moments. Instead, treasure the moments you are given, make the very best of them, and remember them.

Make every second count. Fall in love with the wrong guy, or the right one. A hundred times. Fall in love with a hundred wrong ones so when you fall in love with the one right guy, you know it. Spend all your money on pretty things, on fun things. Work extra hard the week before rent is due to make up for it. Laugh at everything, because there is humor in just about everything.

Don't let those rude people get to you. They are unhappy, so don't let their unhappiness put a damper on yours. You'll be a better person for letting go of petty things.

Let go of grudges. They'll turn you into someone you wish you weren't.

Keep dreaming. Keep dreaming the dreams you had when you were 5. If you wanted to be an astronaut or a mermaid when you were little, don't let go of that dream, no matter how impossible it may be. It keeps you young, and you never know-today could be the day. I still wake up thinking that maybe today is the day I'll become a movie star. And keep dreaming for the things you wished when you were 15, or 25. Keep dreaming til dreams you knew you had, or didn't even have, come true.

Don't let go of the small, simple dreams that are not impossible. If you want to open you're own bakery or start your own clothing line, just do it. Get into debt, live a little, fail once or twice, but keep trying. If you haven't tried, you haven't lived. Only you can make your dreams come true. Don't wait til your 90 and have "money" or "time" or "experience" to do it. By then its too late and you'll regret every second you didn't do it.

Do what makes you truly happiest.

Be with those who make you truly happiest too. But don't ever depend on anyone else but yourself to make you happy. Only you can make yourself completely happy.

You want to make your life so wonderful that each day seems better than the last. Each day is new, waiting for you to use it up and make it count. Each day we are all one day closer to dying, as morbid as that may be. But don't take advantage of each day, because you never know what could happen.

Tell the people you love, that you love them, alot and all the time. If they matter, tell them.

I think you should not care what other people think. Thinking about what other people think and caring about that is stupid. People are stupid. Let them live their lives, and you live yours, but just be yourself. It doesn't matter if you are good enough for someone else, because if that matters, then they aren't good enough for you.

Don't regret mistakes you've made. We all make them, everyday. Use them as an experience and as a lesson. Mistakes are memories made, and they make you a better person if you use what you learned to better yourself.

Don't give up if you fall short of goals. Just keep trying. Just keep going.

Its going to be okay you know, don't stress or worry yourself sick. Worrying gets you absolutely no where. Be smart, but don't worry. Especially in areas of your life and in other people's lives, that you have no control over anyway. The day you can start controlling everything that happens to everyone, then thats the day you can start worrying. But stop worrying for crying out loud-it causes wrinkles.

Be grateful for your family and for your friends and for what you have and for your car, your job, your things, your house, your health. Most people have far less than you do. Open your eyes and see how lucky you are.

Its okay to not like everyone or to have everyone like you. Just like yourself and be that self that you like.

Its okay to not be caught up the the latest pop culture fad. Harry who???? Twi-what?? Hunger games...is that a restaurant??

Stop counting calories and fat and sugar grams. Take care of yourself, but enjoy the good things in life.

Kiss, kiss often, and kiss someone who knows how.

Laugh at yourself. Don't take yourself, or others too seriously.

Be kind to everyone you run into. Be patient with them too. Who cares if the line is too long, the waitress is too slow, or the movie is too long. Stop complaining. Make new friends instead.

give someone a sincere compliment everyday. In fact, give 3+ people a sincere compliment everyday.  I do it and it puts me in the best mood to where I feel like I'm on some sort of high. Look for ways to help others each day too.

Its okay to ask and think "Why don't those moments that should last forever and ever and ever and forever, actually last that long? Why in fact, do they end so soon?" Make sure to remember them forever and ever and ever and forever.

Its okay to not take other people's advice. Just be prepared for anything and accept that your choices are yours and you made them. It IS your life after all. Live it.

2 comments:

Jim and Diane Jaspersen said...

Good advice all in all.
LOVE YOU!!
Hope you have a happy day.
MOM

P.S. I have different dreams now, instead of wanting to be a hair dresser in San Francisco... so I could meet the main singer from "Journey"
but I follow my heart everyday, and that's what makes me happy. :o)

Tara Johnson said...

I admire you Sarah! Chin up and keep on pushing!