Right now I'm figuring out my life-where I'm going & what I'm doing. Its exciting and scary at the same time. I don't know where I'll be in 5 years, but as of right now I'm here & I love where I am. I love classic old movies, dresses, pearls, high heels, reading, being with the people i love, the way books smell, moments that should last forever, the sound high heels make on hard floors, babies, libraries, sweet romantic kisses, old hollywood glamour, anything vintage, song lyrics that describe my life, rain storms & dark chocolate. I'm a huge dork. But life is fun that way. I love life. Sometimes I wish I had the feistiness of Scarlett from Gone With the Wind, the fashion sense of Coco Chanel, & that I was a dead ringer for Audrey Hepburn. I've learned alot about who I am & I have learned to love who I am. So even though I'm always and forever late, daydream a little too much, talk way before I think, spend just a bit too much money, & sleep in longer than is necessary, I love who I am & I'm not afraid to be myself. I love life-the surprises & adventures it brings. I enjoy every second of every day. I may not have any clue as to where I'm going, but I absolutely love the ride!

Music I Like


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Great Expectations

Sometimes we expect too much or more from others than we should, because we would be willing to do the same if not more, for them.

I get much too attached to people. I think of people as my close friends right away. I trust them often much too quickly and naively.

I don't want or expect or even try to make every single person out there like me. I don't care about making sure everyone likes me or not. Its no big deal.

But I do care about my friends.

It kinda stings like a band-aid being unexpectedly ripped off your arm, yanking out tiny arm hairs, when your expectations of a friend (or friends, or even just people in general) are just....kind of....shattered...

I know what I would do for my friends, and I think its important to know that they would do the same things back. And if they don't that kind of stinks.

Shakespeare said that "expectation is the root of all heartache."

But that is okay. Life is too short to surround yourself with people who suck the happy out of you.

Thank goodness for the people who care about you, just as much as you care about them.

Thank goodness for the people who will take you for the you that you are-bad habits, silly quirks, dirty secrets, inside jokes, and all.

Thank goodness for the people who will make you a priority, not an option.

And that's the thing about people who mean everything they say-they think everyone else does too.

Anyway on the bright side...I'd like to run away sometime. I think I may do it soon...to this place:


Also...these made me laugh:



2 comments:

Jim and Diane Jaspersen said...

I like this post... I am realizing the same thing about friends... only it's me that isn't the good friend.. but I'm going to change. LIfe is hard, and expectations are great but it's hard if they let you down.
'Hang on Shaniqua, we're going down" is a good motto for life sometimes!! hahahahah!
I love ya!

Jacqueline Francis said...

i honestly almost peed in my pants at the hold on shaniqua.