Lucky me I got my tonsils out on the 8th! Its a great way to lose weight! I've lost 10 lbs thanks to not being able to eat anything! I've eaten more mashed potaoes, popcicles, ice cream, gatorade, and soup than I think anyone ever should. I think I almost got addicted to pain meds, but luckily I got off of them before I had to go to rehab. Those things make you have crazy dreams. I actually already feel ten times better than before I got my tonsils out! Since October I had a sore throat everyday and was always really exhausted and sick. Its crazy how some little infected things in the back of your throat can affect your whole body. I have way more energy and don't feel like sleeping all the time! Its lovely. My throat looks pretty gross, hopefully that won't last, but I've had a great time recovering! I've watched a billion movies. My mom was still recovering from her surgery too, so I stayed in Blackfoot and hung out with her for 2 weeks which was really nice! The day of my surgery I was really nervous but I had fun talking to Dr's and nurses all morning before my surgery. Me and my mom got laughing really hard in my pre-op room and I think we distrubed a lot of other patients, but I guess laughter is the best medicine! When I woke up from surgery the first thing I said to the nurse waking me up was, ''Can we go shopping???.....Can we go shopping?!?!'' I was just glad I didn't tell them all my deep dark secrets (not like I have any to share anyway....) I'm glad I got my tonsils out because I think I'll feel like my old self again, its been 5 months since I have felt normal! Plus I'm really happy I at least lost 10 lbs after having to go thru all this!
this is my hospital band. i wore it for about 3 days after coming home cuz i felt pretty cool wearing it.

these are the beautiful flowers Dave brought me :) he's so sweet!

these are the gorgeous flowers my mom gave me!

1 comment:
I'm sooooo glad you feel like your old self... that makes the whole ordeal way worth it! I had sooooo much fun recovering with you and making stuff in the blender for you!! Now in April we WILL go shopping for our birthdays for sure!!! I also had fun giggling in the pre-op holding area with you..... I just love you tons!
Post a Comment