Right now I'm figuring out my life-where I'm going & what I'm doing. Its exciting and scary at the same time. I don't know where I'll be in 5 years, but as of right now I'm here & I love where I am. I love classic old movies, dresses, pearls, high heels, reading, being with the people i love, the way books smell, moments that should last forever, the sound high heels make on hard floors, babies, libraries, sweet romantic kisses, old hollywood glamour, anything vintage, song lyrics that describe my life, rain storms & dark chocolate. I'm a huge dork. But life is fun that way. I love life. Sometimes I wish I had the feistiness of Scarlett from Gone With the Wind, the fashion sense of Coco Chanel, & that I was a dead ringer for Audrey Hepburn. I've learned alot about who I am & I have learned to love who I am. So even though I'm always and forever late, daydream a little too much, talk way before I think, spend just a bit too much money, & sleep in longer than is necessary, I love who I am & I'm not afraid to be myself. I love life-the surprises & adventures it brings. I enjoy every second of every day. I may not have any clue as to where I'm going, but I absolutely love the ride!

Music I Like


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Days of My Life...

I had planned on blogging every day of my new adventure. But that obviously didn't happen. Here is what I have been up to...

Last Friday night, me and Jessica crashed a wedding. Yes, as in walking in, signing the guest book, taking cupcakes, spilling candy and water, and sitting by the newly married couple's college friends. We almost got caught in our lie with the friends, but Jessica, being the quick thinker she is, came up with the idea that she knew the bride growing up, and I met the bride through Jessica. All I could do was stifle back laughter. We tried to crash another wedding at this huge gorgeous library, but the one we were looking for, was actually scheduled for Saturday. A lady almost caught us in our lie again, but again, quick thinker Jessica, said our rotten friend "Amy" (we don't know anybody named Amy) must have played a joke on us and told us Friday night. The lady believed us and felt so bad. We are amazing wedding crashers.

Me and Jamie go on adventures just about everyday. We drive through Provo and Orem, stop in cute shops, and find crafts and house decor. We watch FRIENDS every night, and more often than not, I crash in her room begging for a FRIENDS marathon.

All 3 of us go to dinner on the weekends and always end up laughing til we are crying. We go to church and FHE together, where we really try to have a good attitude, but there are some odd ducks in our ward.We cook together, sit and talk about our lives forever, and are becoming great friends. I love those girls.

I have been able to catch up with old friends who have moved to Utah. My high school friend Kimi and I have afternoons full of In & Out Burger and YouTubes, and have spa nights. Amazing!I see my old roommie Ashley, my old friend Blake, and love being able to see old friends again.

I have been an avid job hunter this last week. I have applied to PF Changs, Texas Roadhouse, Cali Pizza Kitchen, Happy Sumo, Tucanos, Banana Republic, White House Black Market, Hobby Lobby, Barnes and Noble, Deseret Book, Target, Secret Shopper, and who knows where else. My gosh job hunting is exhausting.

I went to UVU the other day. Let me tell you, it was more than refreshing to be on that campus. Compare the differences here-to me, BYUI was hoity toity, arrogant, hypocritical, better than thou, judgemental, narrow minded over the top churchy. At UVU, my advisor was the huge man, tall and burly, with frizzy long hair and a scruggly beard, a loop in one ear, a casual gamer type tee on, and in comfy looking slacks. He had certificates and diplomas on the wall, but Bob Dylan and Rilo Kiley music playing quietly from his iTunes. He was much more knowlegable than any advisor I ever had a BYUI. He was smart, helpful, and very laid back. Not prim, proper and stiff or  highly unknowlegdable like the student advisors at BYUI. As I walked through UVU's halls, there were people from many different backgrounds and ages, the guys weren't afraid to smile at me, and I even made a new friend, who was a girl getting married soon. It was invigorating being on that campus. Believe me, I do love my religion and my church and love being in places where there are others who share my beliefs. I'm very open minded. I love learning about other cultures though, and love knowing people who are different than me. BYUI was just the strangest place I've ever been. I'm glad I didn't end up going to BYU Provo either.

I cannot wait to finish school-53 more credits! Just under four semesters left and I will be done with college forever!

I am so so happy. Everyday I wake up thinking how grateful I am for the way my life has turned out. I was so nervous at first, but now I am so glad I made the choice to move. My roommates feel like best friends, I love the town I'm in, and can't wait to see what else my life has in store for me.

Speaking of happiness...these things make me very happy:

Daisy-Our friend Nate's adorable dog. She loves to play fetch and will stare at this tennis ball til we throw it and will make us throw it all day.

New friends and being funny and taking entertaining pictures.

Playing life at midnight.

Security volunteers in our ward who turn on their flashing yellow lights and put out orange cones just for one moving van who isn't even in the way of the road and who end up being the ones in the way.

Amazing friends who are fun and hilarious.

In and Out burger....even open and crowded at 12:35 midnight

My slight man crush on Richard from season 2 of Friends. Me and Jamie just watched that season, hence the man crush.

Bunny Crackers. Try them. Better than goldfish, cheeze its, and cheese nips. Seriously.




This is an amazing you tube



This you tube cracks me up





 


This also makes me happy--Will Ferrel will be on the office tomorow. I love Will Ferrel and I love Steve Carrell.

1 comment:

Di said...

Sounds like you are having the time of your life!! I hope something good comes soon with all the job hunting. I'm soooooo glad you and your roomies all get along great!
I can't wait for you to start school again, and make more friends there! Love you!