Right now I'm figuring out my life-where I'm going & what I'm doing. Its exciting and scary at the same time. I don't know where I'll be in 5 years, but as of right now I'm here & I love where I am. I love classic old movies, dresses, pearls, high heels, reading, being with the people i love, the way books smell, moments that should last forever, the sound high heels make on hard floors, babies, libraries, sweet romantic kisses, old hollywood glamour, anything vintage, song lyrics that describe my life, rain storms & dark chocolate. I'm a huge dork. But life is fun that way. I love life. Sometimes I wish I had the feistiness of Scarlett from Gone With the Wind, the fashion sense of Coco Chanel, & that I was a dead ringer for Audrey Hepburn. I've learned alot about who I am & I have learned to love who I am. So even though I'm always and forever late, daydream a little too much, talk way before I think, spend just a bit too much money, & sleep in longer than is necessary, I love who I am & I'm not afraid to be myself. I love life-the surprises & adventures it brings. I enjoy every second of every day. I may not have any clue as to where I'm going, but I absolutely love the ride!

Music I Like


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

happiness makes me happy

sooooo i always blog but then i go forever and then never blog. so now i am blogging.

i have to say that i absolutely love the office. it is my favorite show ever. me and dave started at season 1 and in less than a week we had watched the entire series! minus season 6. i laugh so hard everytime. i lovvve the dry humor in it. oh my goodness. me and dave are so addicted. i even have a dwight bobble head, a dundee, a dwight pervert sign, and a employee of the year mug on my desk at work. awesome. (say that like kevin does.) i haven't been this in love with a show since friends!!!


i love my family! this past weekend i spent time in blackfoot. everytime i am home, the more i want to never leave. i love spending time with my gorgeous mother, watching old movies with my amazing wonderful grandparents, and hanging out with my cute little dad and hilarious brother! i just love those people more than anything in the world. i would be lost without each one of them in my life. it makes me so grateful that i am super close to my family. especially my grandparents. i would live with them and never leave if i could! their house (and my parents) is so comforting. i feel such peace there. it makes me sooo happy. its funny, the older you get the more you realize how important family is and when it comes down to it, nothing else really matters except for the people you love. :) my grandparents are so cute. we watch old classic movies and eat ice cream together and they give me the best advice about life. my grandpa and i have little chats and he makes sure i am doing ok and i ask him questions about things i am struggling with (like how do you know when you've met ''the one'' and about other life questions.) its sooo awesome to be able to do that with him. he has such a strong testimony, so does my grandma. i'm in awe everytime i'm with them because they are just that amazing. i feel like i'm with the prophet and his wife :) i'm so lucky to have the relationship i do with them. my mom is amazing too. she's an awesome sweet lady that i love more than anything! we always have girls nights and just hang out. its wonderful. i got to help my grandparents babysit my 2 cute little cousins and it was so fun. i lovvvve babies by the way. gosh if i could have a billion i would. my cousins were so fun. and i got to hold and feed a little 3 month old baby in my mom's ward and it was sooo fun. i cannot wait to be a mom. seriously, since i can remember, its allll i have ever wanted to be! maybe thats why i hate school so much-haha, cuz its not getting me where i want to be! ;) but wow. my family are the most amazing people i have ever met. and i'm so lucky and grateful they are a part of my life :)

i love the gospel. it is sooooo wonderful. lately i haven't been as churchy as i should i guess you could say. there is such a difference in life when those little things aren't being fulfilled-like reading scriptures, praying everyday, attending all 3 meetings of church. i listened to conference talks on my way back from blackfoot to rexburg and wow. everytime i listen to a conference talk it seems like it was written just for me. i learn something everytime that helps me with what i'm worried about or going thru at that same moment. the Lord loves us each so much. He wants us to live with Him again and He died for us so that we could overcome trials, heartache, and mistakes. wow. its wonderful. it makes me want to be the very best me i can be so that I can see the Savior and live with Him and my family forever. the Gospel just gives life so much more meanign and depth and makes life make sense. if i didn't have it i dono what i would do. i want to share it with others so that they can have the joy i do from the knowledge of the Savior. it brings peace, comfort, and a feeling of love. i'm filling in the gaps that i had left empty the last little while and am striving to pray everyday and read conference talks or the scriptures each day :) i want to treat others with a Christlike love so that I can be an example of Him. its funny, the world is so evil and full of such disgusting stuff. it makes me sick. but admist all the gross garbage of the world, we have the glorious gospel, which is like a pearl or a diamond, that takes us away from the filth and lifts us out of it. it makes me happy. the Savior lives. He is the Son of God. He died for us so we can return to Him. Life is hard, it was definitley not made to be smooth sailing, but when we trust in Him, when we do all that we can to be close to Him, He will make the ending sooooo worth all of the difficulty. He will provide peace and comfort thru trials, happiness and joy when we keep the commandments, and will be a beacon in the night and a rock we can stand on when things are shakey and unsure. :) I love the Spirit-the Holy Ghost is such a reassuring comfort to me. I have such a testimony of prayer and also of fasting. i have had sooo many prayers answered in my life becuase of sincere prayer and fasting. if there is every a problem that needs fixing or advice needed, or comfort, prayer is the answer. fasting is the answer too. it is real and it without a doubt works. i know the Gospel is true :) The Gospel is amazing :)

so...dave has been gone for the last week and a day and i feel soooo lost! haha. he has guard training in boise for 10 days. day 1 wasn't even over and i was really bummed, lonely and not quite sure what to do with myself. normally we are attached at the hip and only say goodbye at the end of the night. its the worst. i'm so bored and feel like i'm all alone! i miss him! if he has to leave for a year to go to iraq i know i will go out of my mind. he is amazing. oh i just love him. i miss him. we have so much fun together. who knows what the future will bring, but right now, he makes me smile :)

work is kinda crazy. i haven't had time to work at carinos lately, but i eat there alot! i told them i didn't want to quit, but couldn't work very often. i havne't had a weekend to pick up any shifts :( i miss it there! my other job is ok....mela is crazy actually! i just got trained for customer service and wow. its entertaining, stressful, and somewhat frustrating, but its good to have a good job in rexburg. i only work part time from 10-2 so its not too bad and goes by fast. but angry people can behave like 4 year olds most of the time and its hilarious. i have to bite my tongue so i don't start yelling back at them when they call in yelling about a dollar they were charged for extra processing fees or soemthing! whew.

school is good. i'm only taking 2 classes this semester. i fgured with work and it being summer i would want to play more than work hard. i'm getting a's in both of them. this fall i'm going to take a class that will teach me to teach aerobics and all that kind of thing and by the end i'll be a certified aerobics instructor! so i'm hopin i can find a job doing that to pay the rest of my way thru school. i figured out how much i have left and its about 4 semesters. i dono if i can handle rexburg for that long, but we'll see. ugh.

so everyday i tell myself to eat healthy and workout. i feel sooo much better when i do. but i love my junk food. i'm an addict. and i love to not get sweaty running. i wish i could eat a billion pounds of junk food a day and still feel good and look lean and toned, but..................................... so my being healthy plan has its days when i'm all gung ho about it, and others when i wouldn't care if i had a couple hundred pounds of junk in the trunk. what is a good way to stay motivated?!?! i love exercising really, but i don't love motivating myself.

anyways......life is good. i love my family. i love the gospel. i love my boy. i love money so it makes work worth it. life is lovely :)

oh a nice thing for me. i just got a few new songs on itunes, which is always one of my favorite things. i got some really pretty instrumental music that i'm in love with, and some songs that sounds like they could be greys anatomy soundtrack-the laid back chill kinda music.

oh and another wonderful lovely thing is when i was in btown hollywood video was going out of business so all their old movies were on sale for like $8. i bought just about a billion classics that i could never find in stores. oh. it was heaven!

also the best skincare line is philosophy. i just bought their makeup optional kit and it is miraculous. my skin is sooo clear and smooth and glowy! i've also been using rosewater toner by keihls's and that is amazing too. my skin hasn't ever looked so good! :) weeee!

there is nothing better in the world than good friends. vanessa has been my best friend for 10 years! cute huh!? haha, we have had our ups and downs at times, just like every friendship, but she is like a sister to me and she is an awesome person! i'm so proud of her! she is gorgeous and hilarious and has such a strong testimony! we are crazy that is for sure. she is getting ready for a mission and i'm so happy for her! i look up to her a lot! me and her and erika who is my other great, amazing, sweet cute friend have been hanging out lately. one night we went to fort hall and played $3...we won nothing. we go to IF and eat dinner sometimes and that is a nice thing to get away from rexburg. and me and my awesome roommie janae hang out a lot too and watch girly movies or CSI. its so nice to have good friends! :)

oh. barnes and noble=heaven. so does chalupas. new swimming suits and hot days are also heaven but hot days are limited here in idaho and mostly hard to come by. but they are heaven none the less. so is sleeping in. i can't do that on the weekdays anymore but i think its the top best thing in the world!

but anyways....i need a vacation really bad cuz i'm kinda bored. like a month long vacation to the bahamas or italy or something.

i love my life and i'm so lucky to have the life that i do cuz all the people i love are a part of it :) PS-its almost summer!

all of us girls had a mothers day party and we painted birdhousesand ate amazing food :)
this is me and my grandma with ours. they were matchign and we didn't paint intricate details like everyone-we used stickers instead :)

me and my mom. she is the party planner and makes the best food and has the best ideas for these things!

me, vanessa and erika were bored one night...

my parents on the sunday my dad got made the young mens president of their ward! they are so cute i just love 'em!

me and my wonderful grandparents :) they are amazing :)

1 comment:

Jim and Diane Jaspersen said...

I love your testimony, it made me cry... don't you love that Paul Cardell song Redeemer... It makes my heart sing!!
I'm glad your happy and I love it when you come home and we spend time together at booty days or just at home.
You're a great daughter and friend and I love you with all my heart!
Love ya,
Mom