Right now I'm figuring out my life-where I'm going & what I'm doing. Its exciting and scary at the same time. I don't know where I'll be in 5 years, but as of right now I'm here & I love where I am. I love classic old movies, dresses, pearls, high heels, reading, being with the people i love, the way books smell, moments that should last forever, the sound high heels make on hard floors, babies, libraries, sweet romantic kisses, old hollywood glamour, anything vintage, song lyrics that describe my life, rain storms & dark chocolate. I'm a huge dork. But life is fun that way. I love life. Sometimes I wish I had the feistiness of Scarlett from Gone With the Wind, the fashion sense of Coco Chanel, & that I was a dead ringer for Audrey Hepburn. I've learned alot about who I am & I have learned to love who I am. So even though I'm always and forever late, daydream a little too much, talk way before I think, spend just a bit too much money, & sleep in longer than is necessary, I love who I am & I'm not afraid to be myself. I love life-the surprises & adventures it brings. I enjoy every second of every day. I may not have any clue as to where I'm going, but I absolutely love the ride!

Music I Like


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Books Make Me Happy

Books. I love books. Fiction books, non fiction books, childrens books, long books, short books, old books, new books, how to books, sad books, happy books, love stories. Ever since I was really little, I have love, love, loved to read. Libraries are my favorite place to be. I want to live in one.

Call me old fashioned, or maybe even call me technologically disabled and behind the times, but I don't like these new fandangled ebooks they have now a days.  I'm sure they are fast, quick, easy, and convienent, but so are a lot of girls & guys I know-this doesn't make them better. Nothing beats holding a real book with character in your hands, feeling the smooth glossy pages, seeing the words on paper, instead of some heavy electronic device that shoots meancing light glare into your eyes, and probably gets overheated, which results in burnt hands. They probably do that out of anger from being read-electronic books would rather play video games. Real books would never burn your hands, they love you and they love to be read.  

Books fascinate me. I'm enchanted by them. Each one has something new and original to say. Each one has been thought of ever so carefully, hoping its message will spark something in the reader, making their world a little different.

I love opening the pages of a new book. The way the new paper smells, fresh, crisp, clean. The way the binding is stiff from never being opened. The pages just yearning to be read and discovered. The words jumping off the page, taking your imagination to places its never been before. The way each page is turned ever so careful, so as not to tear them. Pure heaven.

I love opening the pages of an old book. The way the pages are tattered, yellowed, and a bit jagged from being read more than once. The way the pages smell-not fresh and crisp like new books, but a little dusty from years on its shelf. The pages jump off the page, and although you've read those words before, your imagination is still taken on an adventure. The binding is loose, the pages feel like they could fall out at any moment, so each page is turned ever so carefully to make sure each page stays in place. Pure heaven.

I love to mark up my books. Everytime I read I make sure I have a pencil or pen right there beside me. Thoughts that make an impression on me, a funny line, or a sentence that hits me just right, get highlighted, underlined, and circled. My favorite pages are dog-earred and creased. I make notes on the white spaces on the sides of the pages, jotting down my thoughts as I'm swept away in this new world I'm in for the moment. Try doing that with an ebook.

There is nothing better than a summer afternoon spent laying in the grass at a park, or even just in the backyard, indulged in a good book. Nothing beats laying on a comfy couch or bed, cozied under a pile of blankets and pillows, lost in the words of a great story.

Technology may be becoming more advanced each day, robots soon may take over the world in supersonic speed flying cars, but there is nothing quite as sweet, as comforting or as enjoyable, as the asbolute simpilist things in life. Books make me happy.

No comments: