Then we broke up. He was the one to say it needed to end. That was really hard at first because I didn't expect it, plus I had everything planned. Then thought we'd never talk again. Then I thought about how I had been feeling lately, so I really feel it was an answer to my prayers. Its been hard because there are times when I really miss him, but those are the times I just trust the Savior that this is all for the best and that the Savior knows what is best! Me and Dave still talk and go on dates and have a ton of fun! He wants to get back together, but I just need some time.
Me and him are on the same page about everything too, which makes it easier. We really agree that neither of us were even close to being ready for marriage, so even though he called it off, we'd been feeling the same about it all for a while, one of us just had to be the one to do something about it.
This whole thing was a bit of a wake up call that helped me realize I wasn't ready for marriage and that I wasn't really satisfied with where I was in my life.
So....I'm doing really good! There are up and down moments but, I feel like I know what I'm doing and that its for the best! Who knows what will happen down the road, but for now I feel great about it all. I've really just put all my trust in the Savior and pray that He will lead me where I need to go.
I'm moving the end of March. I'll be going to Provo. It nothing huge, but its a big enough of a change for me. I need a change. I'll finish school at UVU. I love that area and have so many friends there.
All in all, this has been a crazy couple of weeks. But I feel like I got a chance to make my life what I want, that I can go after my dreams, live my life for me, and become a better, stronger person. :) Let me tell you, my life is getting a huge makeover, and I'm quite excited about where my future is about to take me.
And just in case you were curious, here's a little taste of what my wedding would have looked like...














So all in all, things are ok. I know that Heavenly Father has something in store for me. I know that He doesn't want me to be sad or discouraged, but that in order to find real happiness I may have to be sad for a little bit. I've learned that prayers are answered in ways we least excpect, and sometimes the hardest things are exactly what we need. I've learned that change is good and that the biggest changes make you the greatest you can be. I've learned that I can't live without the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, no matter what. I've learned that when you put your trust Heavenly Father, He will lead you to where you are meant to be :)



tə
4 comments:
I think you will have tons of fun in Provo, and the move will be good for you!!
Change is good! but I will miss you.... so I will come visit you lots and we'll get pineapple yogurt!!
Sarah I admire your courage. IT is hard to end something that has meant so much to you and sometimes you think, "it can work out. We can make this work." But during those times we learn that the Lord is really in charge and we need the faith to follow his time table. I admire you for the changes you have made in your life lately. Keep growing while Heavenly Father is preparing that special someone just for you!
The offer still stands if you would ever like to come and check out St louis!
Muah! Love you!
Sarah! How did I lose your blog URL?!?!
You are amazing and I totally miss you! I'm sorry about everything but I'm happy for you too because your blog really shows how much you've grown!
Don't be a stranger!
I miss you so much!
Sarah, you are such a strong person, and this post has given me a lot of strength in my own life. You are a great example to me. :)
Post a Comment