Right now I'm figuring out my life-where I'm going & what I'm doing. Its exciting and scary at the same time. I don't know where I'll be in 5 years, but as of right now I'm here & I love where I am. I love classic old movies, dresses, pearls, high heels, reading, being with the people i love, the way books smell, moments that should last forever, the sound high heels make on hard floors, babies, libraries, sweet romantic kisses, old hollywood glamour, anything vintage, song lyrics that describe my life, rain storms & dark chocolate. I'm a huge dork. But life is fun that way. I love life. Sometimes I wish I had the feistiness of Scarlett from Gone With the Wind, the fashion sense of Coco Chanel, & that I was a dead ringer for Audrey Hepburn. I've learned alot about who I am & I have learned to love who I am. So even though I'm always and forever late, daydream a little too much, talk way before I think, spend just a bit too much money, & sleep in longer than is necessary, I love who I am & I'm not afraid to be myself. I love life-the surprises & adventures it brings. I enjoy every second of every day. I may not have any clue as to where I'm going, but I absolutely love the ride!

Music I Like


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Most Wonderful Thing In The World...

"Count Your Many Blessings, Name Them One By One..."

The greatest blessing in my life is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Oh how wonderful it is. It makes me so very happy. I see and feel a huge difference in my life, when the Gospel & the Savior are the central focus in it, and when they are not.

There is a hole in my life that cannot seem to be filled, when I'm not consistently doing the small, simple, and wonderful things. Only when my life includes daily scripture study, prayer, effort to be the best me I can be, doing all I can to draw closer to my Heavenly Father & to learn of Him, and to love others, is that empty black hole in my life filled. My life is filled with warmth, happiness, love, and peace, which radiates through my whole entire self, making my life the happiest its ever been.

I may not be rich, I may not be a tall & leggy model, I may not have the best clothes, I may not be the smartest person or the most well liked, I may not have all the things I want in life, but I have the Gospel, and with it, all those things just don't bother me or even seem to matter at all.

I am a Daughter of Heavenly Father-Who is the creator of all things, and He loves me more than I am able to even come close to comprehending. How amazing is it to know, that me and you, are loved that much, by Heavenly Father? He knows the achings of my heart, the dreams and hopes I have for my future, He knows my joy, my sadness, and He is there for me, wanting to help, wanting to bless me in all things. He wants me and you to be eternally happy. :)

How wonderful is it, to know that God, the Savior, has that much love for each of us individually? To know that He died for me and for you? To know that because of Him, we are able to repent, to change, to start over, to have ultimate happiness, to live again? Because of Him, we can overcome anything, no matter what we are going through in our lives.

That is all I need, to make it through this life & to be happy-The Love the Savior has for me-it is THE most wonderful thing in the entire world.

I know the Savior loves us and that He is always there for us, regardless of the mistakes we have made and the trials we go through. He's right there. My mom told me, I think Heavenly Father is ready to embrace you whenever you are ready to embrace Him-it doesn't take a long time." It doesn't take years, days, or hours to feel His love, but moments, seconds. He is always there & will comfort us, lead us, and help us become who we are meant to be. Life is like a maze, we bump into walls, get stuck, get lost, we can't can't see the end, but the Savior does. He see's the maze of life from the top, the view we can't see ourselves. When we have Him guide us in our lives, He will get us out of the maze safely. I know life is hard and that it doesn't go how we planned sometimes, but I know He sees the big picture and wants us to be happy. When we have faith and put all of our trust in Him, He'll lead us to true happiness. I know that Savior died for us, and that He lives for us. He is our best friend and loves us. The Gospel is SO amazing, and wonderful, it changes your life. I have never felt happiness like I have with the Gospel in my life. I love it :)

2 comments:

The Martins said...

I like what you said about life being like a maze. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Jim and Diane Jaspersen said...

This brought tears to my eyes!! Thanks for sharing!
And I love you!
mom